Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Little Progress Report

I know there are only a few interested in what I have to say, but for the purposes of SWSP7123 I fell it is necessary to disclose the fact that until late June 2010, no further actions can or will be taken to continue elevating this project into any form of community action.  This is due to the fact that at the County level budget reports and monetary disclosures will be released sometime in early June.  No one at the county level is at a point where they want to discuss further action or even potentially bring it up until the full financial situation is stated.  At this time they will consider some of my plan and ideas and hopefully, I can assist in bridging some of the technology and discussion board gaps, or uneasiness anyone may be feeling.

On a positive note, according to the last email report I received from the King County 4-H Office Administrator, did state that she was preparing to pose my Youth portion of the engagement project to Club Leaders!  So, hopefully, within the next several months a video or book or something to that regards will be posted on the YouTube site and out there, sharing just how much 4-H means to the kids involved.  The learning aspects of it are tremendous too when the children are the ones who will plan, produce and post their projects.  Fingers Crossed!  It's great for a potential membership too and is also an invaluable tool when approaching Government officials for support and/or funding.

Lastly, this Blog over the course of the next week will take a different direction.  I hope to address some of the issues raised in my official academic critique of my Project Proposal as, performed by the course Lecturer.  Some things may become highly theoretical, but my hopes are to keep it light and simply address what potentially should have been considered in the initial composing of the project plan.

To date, I'm about where I started with the project but in due time (late June and throughout North America's summer month's) hope to have made some progress.  My only real goal given the class time was to get people thinking about the state of King County 4-H and perhaps begin to group those concerned individuals together.  I've found the red-tape to be considerable and the interest although there, to be burdened with ethical considerations, government woes and overall organizational structure.  In trying to engage a group that is heavily encased in top-down structure, putting the "grassroots" back into what was once a "grassroots" organization is proving to be more difficult than I could have ever imagined.  Perhaps revisiting some theory will help me to work out my own frustrations and perhaps develop a different strategical approach.

hhhmmm....things to think about for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment